Bay Area Buzz

My blog on the issues facing the Bay Area, California, and the U.S; and of course, some personal observations.

Friday, September 10, 2004

About the Documents

The possibility that the new Bush Guard documents are forgeries is now filtering through the MSM. However, as rarely as I read him..., Josh Marshall has pointed out the possibility of the exisitance of superscript fonts at the time of the documents. I stand by my estimation that it is highly likely that the docs were forged, at this point in time, and in fact I believe it is more likely that the documents are forgeries than I posted yesterday. However, I am not certain, I will try to be patient though before expressing certainty. There's nothing here, that can't wait a day or two before saying for sure that 60 Minutes/Dan Rathers has either (a) perpetrated a hoax through poor journalistic standards and/or (b) was hoaxed despite executing journalistic standards or (c) the docs were genuine and much of the right-side of the blogosphere has egg on its face. And since I like Ice Cream so much more than crow, a little patience is in the order of my day.

Although, as I write, the likelihood of forgery only grows.